Sunday, May 10, 2009

my new best friend


Many thanks to Emily at Bicycle Trip for the outstanding customer service! Not only did she know about everything I needed, she was super-friendly and a great teacher. She also coaches with the Dirt Series program! Very cool.

So, check out my new bike! It's a Giant FCR 3 W - built for ladies' geometry. It's so light I can hold it over my head! Great for living on the second floor. Also, it has these sweet trigger shifters--which I find are a lot cooler than the twist shifters that my old mountain bike had. I can't believe I'm riding something with skinny tires--I've always been anti-skinny tires but this bike felt right. Oh, and I'm also rockin' a helmet now--I figure the odds of me needing it rise with every day that I go out riding (fingers crossed of course).

Oh, and just in time for Bike to Work week, which starts tomorrow!

No comments: