Wednesday, May 13, 2009

i see beautiful things


Riding past 7-11, I spotted a mallard with a bright green head just sittin' around in front of some apartments. "A duck!" I exclaimed aloud to no one but myself... as if I was two and had just learned the word, which I thought was funny. His female friend was sitting beside him just behind a tree.

Then passing by Twin Lakes, I was looking out on the water & sunrise as usual and I saw dolphins playing close to shore! I've heard people talk about seeing dolphins but had never seen them myself. They were coming up and out of the water in a pattern that reminded me of what Nessie must look like--you know, like in a serpentine fashion? So, I was enthralled and pedaling really slow and just watching. Then I realized I didn't see any dorsal fins. Turns out they were seals, but beautiful all the same! Guess I will have to keep my eyes open for dolphins.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always keep your camera ready. I've missed out on so many photo ops. Like the lunar landing, the berlin wall, and my first steps.

jen said...

i would love to see baby dyl doing the quintessential myspace self-portrait whilst walking for the first time....