Monday, June 01, 2009

fabulous ALC riders

Coming up to the State Park & Soquel intersection this morning, I was met by at least a hundred riders waiting in a long line for a green light. I rode with a small group of them for my last mile and wondered what race they were in. We passed some roadies with signs, one of which simply said FABULOUS ALC! and they cheered us on with "You riders look great!"
My lack of spandex gave me away, but they waved at me anyway. Turns out that today is Day 2 of the AIDS Life Cycle 8, which is not a "race" but rather a "ride." A very long ride. Spanning San Francisco to Los Angeles in 7 days, which sounds like more than enough time -- but the shortest day is still more than 60 miles.
I can't talk about an AIDS benefit ride without providing the donate link, that would just be wrong...

No comments: