Sunday, April 12, 2009

come on and take a free ride

I took the cruiser out yesterday and was successful!
I mean, really, what was going to happen? I don't think I ever envisioned myself not making it.

So this was more of an opportunity to see how much time I was going to need to make it to work on time, and test the route--which I highly recommend to anyone about to start bike-commuting. I gained a lot of insight in those 2+ hours that came in very useful for planning the real deal. Definitely had to rethink my route due to a nasty hill. I'm talking 25% grade. Gaining 144 ft in 0.3 miles. Even if I had gears that would not be going down!

So now I am ready to begin my bike to work escapades. It will be 9.9 miles each way, but I get to see the beautiful coastline for most of the way & now I am finally gonna get some exercise.

No comments: